August 03, 2009

working it out

i know it's a little late as we near the end of summer, but better late than never. i have been on a good workout program for a few weeks now and it's been great. initially it was tough, and my body resisted pretty hard at first but i have since established a good system. i've been waking up at 6:15-6:30 every morning to go running, swimming or some other form of exercise. my flabby body has regained its endurance fairly quickly and i am working up the distances i go each day which is good. then at night, i've been going to the gym with my neighbor clint and doing more muscular activities. this has been equally gratifying, but not as quickly or dramatically as i would hope

but i've been very consistent and i'm hoping that this preemptive strike on the fall fifteen (aka halloween-christmas) that so craftily sneaks up on me will be a strong enough offensive. i enjoy working out and am not too badly out of shape, mostly just soft. but my goal is that before i turn 25 in november to be in my best shape ever. let's just hope that school and work don't kill me first.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Getting into a rutine is the hardest part for me. Once I am there I do fairly well, but sticking to the time schedual is the catch for me. Good for you!